Sunday, July 10, 2005

RSS Reader


We just released our final internal beta of our Webmail w/ an integrated RSS reader. We will soon be releasing it to the public, but I thought I would give a little sneak preview for all my fans..err...those people who accidentally stumble upon my blog. Although we have never offically annouced this release, thewhir.com annouced the news a bit early last month.

But here are a few features of our reader that I love...

1. It's very tightly integrated within Webmail, meaning I don't have to have two applications open all day.
2. I love Sharpreader, but I hated not being able to access my reader from home, and having the reader at home and work was just too much trouble to maintain.
3. The subscription process is very simple and fast.
4. You can access your feeds just like any other IMAP folder, meaning your RSS is available via Outlook, Thunderbird, or any other IMAP client.
5. We have a "Send to Inbox" option that will allow our POP users to enjoy our RSS reader too.
6. Administrator Options. We allow admins to turn RSS on/off per domain, and we allow them to auto-subscribe their users to a feed.

More than anything, I love how simple it will be for people who don't "get" RSS yet to use it, maybe without even knowing.