Today I benched 200 pounds one time. This was my goal for the entire year, so I am very happy with my progress thus far. Now I'm going for 225 by the end of the year.
Here are the goals I blogged about in January for this year and the results thus far:
1. Blog More
I'm definitely doing this, probably boring everyone a bit. :)
2. Go to the Doctor
Hmm...still six months left.
3. Get my weight to 175 lbs
I'm at 167 (I probably started the year around 163), only 8 pounds to go.
4. Oversee the creation the fastest webmail client on the market.
We are very close...
5. Become the best hitter on my baseball team.
We've only had 2 games so far, but our team captain is kicking butt. I'm hitting .375 with 2 RBI and 2 runs scored. That puts me tied for third (with my brother) on the team. We are 1-1 as a team. Mannin, our captain, is hitting .778 with a homer and 4 RBI. I have a long way to go, perhaps second best hitter on the team will be a good goal.
6. Shoot a round of golf under 110.
I've only played 3 rounds of golf this year. All at The Hill in Blacksburg. I have only had time to play 9 holes each time, but I think my scores have been fairly good, 51, 55, and 60. They are actually terrible scores, but I've made a lot of progress since last year. I think I definitely have a shot of getting a round under 110 if I ever find time to play a full 18 holes.
7. Take my family to Disney World.
Done, we had a great time.
8. Successfully manage our ever growing group of developers.
Ask Pat.
9. Bench Press 200 lbs one time
Today I did this, next up 225.
10. Find more time to spend alone with my wife.
Still working on this, but my favorite memory so far this year has to be the great time we had at Bill and Beth's wedding. We also had a great 5th year anniversary weekend. It's amazing how hard it is to find time alone when you have two kids. I'll keep working on it though.
