Webmail.us announced today that we are now staffed in our customer care division 24 x 7 x 365. And yes, all of our customer care staff works from our Blacksburg, VA office. I'm very excited about this announcement because it is an important milestone for our company.
In somewhat related local news, it seems a lot of local communities are really pushing forward with providing wireless Internet access for all of their citizens. Check out this Roanoke Times article. I'm amazed that the smaller communities such as Bland, Hillsville, Radford, and Pulaski are actually leading the way in this area. At the same time I can't help but wonder how they plan on supporting their users.
I have a good friend who actually started a wireless ISP two years ago that primarily services the rural parts of Montgomery county plus some of Christiansburg. He's been very successful and I'm sure he's earned a lot of loyalty due to the excellent customer service he provides. I'm sure his business will continue to grow as long as he is able to continue providing great customer service.
