Jeremy posted this awhile back, but with the recent launch of Google finance, I totally see what he is talking about. I really enjoyed Jeremy's latest comments on how Yahoo! had many of these same ideas years ago, but due to many issues they were never able to act on them.
I think Yahoo! and Microsoft are very much in the same boat on this one. All of the competition from open-source in regards to the browser, the desktop, the office application suite, the server market, and the software as a service model is very similar to the Google vs. Yahoo! fight.
I certainly hope that our commitment to keeping our product teams small and focused will prevent our software from becoming stale. I want our teams to be able to release high quality software and then immediately be able to turn around and say "How can we make this even better?"
